Thursday, November 11, 2010
Carrot and Currant Salad with Ginger Vinaigrette
1 large carrot, shredded
1/4 cup dried currants
1 tsp ground ginger
1 tsp cumin
1 tbsp tamari
1 tbsp mirin
1 tbsp sesame oil
3 tbsp plain yogurt
1) Mix tamari and mirin and microwave for 30 seconds. Pour over currants to rehydrate.
2) Drain liquid off currants and mix currants into carrots.
3) Mix tamari mixture with yogurt and spices and sesame oil until fully blended.
4) Pour dressing over carrot mixture and mix well.
5) Allow salad to rest for 2 hours to allow currants to fully hydrate.
6) Garnish with nigella seeds before serving to provide a hint of bitterness.